Next year we will celebrate the 10th FynArts Festival from 10 – 19 June 2022. At Hermanus FynArts 2022 we will launch the FynArts Development Platform as well as the first primary school choir and writing event. We look forward to welcoming you to these events.
The FynArts Festival started out as a ‘tourism’ event proposed by Mary Faure, the then chairperson of the Hermanus Tourism Bureau. The aim was to create an arts event that would attract discerning visitors who would spend more than one night in Hermanus during the quiet winter months. In June 2013, the first FynArts, a fusion of arts festival and winter school, debuted to a warm and generous reception. Since then, the festival has developed a track record of presenting a quality programme of exhibitions, concerts, talks and presentations, workshops, demonstrations and films, as well as events for children.
Over the past years, the focus of FynArts has shifted focus from being a ‘tourism event’ into becoming a top quality, classic-feel arts-related festival.
Main objectives of Hermanus FynArts
• Promote the arts in the key disciplines of music and the visual-, preforming-, literary- and culinary arts.
• Present activities in the arts in Greater Hermanus in the above key disciplines. Events take place during the festival as well as during the year.
• Further develop an education, training and development programme for the arts in Greater Hermanus that includes community-based arts projects relating to empowerment, capacity building, skills development and employment opportunities for the youth.
• Contribute to the development of Greater Hermanus into an arts’ destination that draws discerning visitors, art lovers and art collectors to the area.
Significant directorial growth and development achievements for FynArts
• 2016 – Hermanus FynArts Festival registered as an NPO (174 582 NPO)
• 2016 – FynArts Development Fund, the sole beneficiary of the Festival, launched and registered as an NPO (178 125 NPO)
• 2018 – Opened the FynArts Gallery (click here) (2018/332014/07) – doubles as the FynArts office. The gallery contributes to ongoing marketing of the brand throughout the year.
• 2021 -Hermanus FynArts Festival registered as a PBO (930070839 PBO)
You are also welcome to contact:
FynArts Director, Mary Faure on 084 600 7058 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
FynArts Admin Coordinator Chantel Louskitt on 060 957 5971 or email@example.com.
For a list of sponsors and benefactors – Click here
For a list of FynArts Patrons – Click here
For a list of the Lifetime Friends of FynArts – Click Here
For a list of the Annual Friends of FynArts – Click Here